In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful
THE TRUE BELIEVER
BY Maulana Dr. Waffie Mohammed
Allah says in the Holy Qur’an about the true believers the following:
Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are:
- Strong against unbelievers.
- Compassionate with one another.
- Persistent and consistent with prayer.
- Aspiring to get the pleasure of Allah.
- Their devotion to the Lord in Sijdah will become visible on their foreheads.
- This has been a universal principle; as it was the same message contained in the Torah and the Injeel.
The Principle of true and sincere submission increases with constant practice. It is not that a person is godly at the time of need, and after that he goes back to the giving of preferences to material matters, and less attention to the Creator.
Allah likens true devotion to Him in a parable contained in the same verse. He says:
(A true believer) is like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thich, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonders and delight. (48:29)
It is necessary for us to understand that the non believers will never be happy with the believers and their Islamic practices. Allah says:
It fills the unbelievers with rage at them. (48:29)
The same way they displayed anger with Moses and Jesus when these Messengers invited to believe in Allah and the Last Day.