Thursday 8 May 2008

Belief in the unseen

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّ حِيْمِ



Say: "I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as Allah willeth. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil should have touched me: I am but a warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have faith."


Allah says: “fa-dhkuru-ni adhkur-kum” “Remember ME, and I will remember you” (2:152).

Allah sustains everything, so it is important that you establish a good relation.

Part of our aqidah is that we believe in the unseen. We believe in it even though we cannot see it. There are some who argue whether or not heaven and hell physically exists. When Prophet Muhammad (saw) went on Mi’raj, what did he see? Regardless of what dimension or form he saw it in, the point is it existed. Allah has described heaven and hell to us, and from this description we can from a concept of it. It does not exist in our direct knowledge, we cannot see it nor can we get into it. It is existing, but it is not in our capacity to understand.

Allah says in Chapter 7, verse 188; “if I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil should have touched me”. If you were able to see the beauty of heaven and the torment, torture and difficulties of hell, would you want to commit wrong deeds?

Allah is telling us in the above-mentioned verse that we don’t possess any insight or knowledge of the unseen, however we should believe firmly in it, because it is such a beautiful and attractive place.

One of the best ways of attaining good deeds is by giving charity, because it is given by one’s free will.

Prophet Muhammad (saw) is reported to have said: “Work for this world, as though you have all the time, and work for the hereafter as though you going to die tomorrow”.

No comments:

Post a Comment